Double-ended threaded studs are called double-ended stu […]
Double-ended threaded studs are called double-ended studs. When the connected part has a blind hole, it is more common to use double-ended studs and nut washers, because the stud and nut need to be overcome during the tightening process. The friction force between the nut and the washer can be controlled.
There are three differences:
1. The bolt length of stud bolts is longer than that of single-head bolts, and is used to connect equipment with a large thickness.
2. Stud bolts are more versatile, such as connecting thick slabs and concrete roof trusses, roof beam suspension monorail beam hangers, etc., stud bolts must be used.
3. Double-head studs are mostly used in places with high pressure, high temperature and large temperature changes; single-head bolts are used in general places.
The difference between a stud bolt and an ordinary bolt is that a stud bolt is a rod with threads on both ends, and an ordinary bolt is a hexagonal bolt with a threaded end and a hexagonal head. Stud bolt manufacturers
What do studs do
1. It is used in large-scale equipment that requires installation accessories, such as sight glasses, mechanical seal seats, and deceleration racks. At this time, stud bolts are used, one end is screwed into the main body, and the other end is fitted with a nut after the attachment is installed. Since the attachment is often disassembled, the thread will be worn or damaged. It is very convenient to use stud replacement.
2. When the thickness of the connecting body is very large and the bolt length is very long, stud bolts will be used.
3. Used to connect thick plates and places where it is inconvenient to use hexagon bolts, such as concrete roof truss, roof beam suspension monorail beam suspension, etc. In actual work, external loads such as vibration, change, and high-temperature creep of the material will reduce the friction. The positive pressure in the thread pair disappears at a certain moment and the friction is zero.
As a result, the threaded connection becomes loose. If repeated action, the threaded connection will become loose and fail. Therefore, it is necessary to prevent loosening, otherwise it will affect normal work and cause accidents.